head head head

What can I do if I am being bullied at work?

It rather depends on who is bullying you. If it is another employee you should first raise the matter with your immediate line manager or supervisor, or the next level of management if the offender is your own line manager.

If your complaint is not addressed and the bullying continues then you should raise it formally through the grievance procedure or other procedure designed to deal with bullying and harassment at work. Remember, bullying is a form of misconduct and a disciplinary issue.

You have a statutory right to be accompanied by a work colleague or trade union official to the hearing of your grievance.

Bullying is a form of harassment. Your employer has a duty of care and is liable for the actions of other employees taken during the course of employment.